Fulham Visit Bournemouth Looking For Their First Away Win Of The Season! Team News. Manager Comments. Stats, And Prediction.
By: Marc Gingell
Eddie Howe and Scott Parker will be looking to build on last week’s good wins with Parker hoping that Fulham can win on the road for the first time this season.
|20-04||Vitality Stadium||Bournemouth (12)||v||Fulham (19)|
|KO:15:00||REF: D Coote|
Ryan Fraser is joint top of the PL goal assists with 12 with and he’s in good company with Eden Hazard and Christian Eriksen. He’s also scored seven and other clubs are beginning to take notice. Eddie Howe might be fending off offers soon.
Aleksandar Mitrovic is Fulham’s leading scorer with 10 PL goals. But, if he fails to score against Bournemouth, he will have gone 10 PL games without finding the net. He came close in the 42nd minute against Everton last week when his shot thumped against the bar.
He’s also top of the PL shots parade with 118 so he’s not afraid to have a go. Mo Salah is 2nd in that club with 116 and Harry Kane 3rd with 102.
Bournemouth Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Charlie Daniels Knee injury. Simon Francis Anterior cruciate ligament. Diego Rico Ankle injury. Andrew Surman Calf injury. Lewis Cook Anterior cruciate ligament.
Eddie Howe Comments
“The target is to win the next game and we’ll see from there what happens with the rest of the season.
We need to make sure we don’t drop our levels. I would be very disappointed if we didn’t see the same team in terms of endeavour, spirit and togetherness that we saw against Brighton.”
Fulham Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Marcus Bettinelli Knee injury. Alfie Mawson Lack of match fitness. Lazar Markovic.
- 50% Chance of Playing: Timothy Fosu-Mensah Knee injury.
Scott Parker Comments
“It will be beneficial for everyone to take this time to really focus, reassess and plan for next year [in the Championship]. It’s going to be a big year, in a difficult league. Now is an opportunity to get ahead of the game.
The Everton win was a relief for everyone. Performance-wise, at home, it was very, very pleasing.
We’re playing against a very good team with a first class manager. It’ll be a tough task for us, but we go into it with massive confidence after a strong performance.”
- Bournemouth have lost just one of their last 11 league games against Fulham (W7 D3 L1), a 3-1 defeat at the Vitality Stadium in January 1994 when both sides were in the third tier.
- Fulham have only won two of their 13 league visits to Bournemouth (W2 D3 L8), and are winless in their last three trips to the Vitality Stadium (D1 L2).
- Fulham have had a player sent off in each of their last two games against Bournemouth, Fernando Amorebieta receiving a red card in March 2015 and Kevin McDonald in the reverse fixture in October.
- Bournemouth are winless in their last four Premier League home games (D2 L2). They last went five without a win at the Vitality Stadium in February 2017 (D2 L3).
- Following their win against Everton last time out, Fulham are looking to secure back-to-back Premier League victories for the first time since April 2014.
- Bournemouth’s Premier League games have seen 110 goals scored this season, more than any other side in the competition (F49 A61).
- Ryan Fraser provided two assists in Bournemouth’s 3-0 victory over Fulham at Craven Cottage in October, the only time the Scotsman has achieved this feat in a Premier League game.
- Bournemouth pair Ryan Fraser and Callum Wilson have combined for 11 Premier League goals this season – only one duo has ever combined for more in a season; Alan Shearer and Chris Sutton for Blackburn Rovers during their 1994-95 title-winning campaign (13).
- Following his goal and two assists against Brighton last time out, Callum Wilson has become the first Bournemouth player to register 20 goal involvements in a single Premier League campaign (12 goals, 8 assists).
- Ryan Babel has been directly involved in seven Premier League goals since his debut for Fulham in January (4 goals, 3 assists), at least four more than any other player at the club.
Fraser and Mitrovic could both have a big say in the outcome of this game.
Bournemouth 3 Fulham 3
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.
Fulham Team News