Barclays Premier League Wednesday As Man. City Aim To Get Back On Top. Manager Comments. Team News. Predictions And Stats. Spurs, In Their New Stadium, Might Find Palace Party Poopers!
By: Marc Gingell
Predicted Wins for Chelsea, Man City, And Crystal Palace. Zaha to Score the First Goal At Spurs New Stadium!
|3/4/2019||KO:19:45||Stamford Bridge||Chelsea||v||Brighton||REF: G Scott|
|3/4/2019||KO:19:45||Etihad Stadium||Man. City||v||Cardiff||REF: J Moss|
|3/4/2019||KO:19:45||Tottenham Hotspur Stadium||Tottenham||v||Crystal Palace||REF: A Marriner|
Chelsea (6) vs Brighton (15)
Chelsea, who got out of jail in Cardiff, would have put smiles on a lot of Brighton’s fan’s faces with their last- minute victory escape. But lucky 2-1 wins at Cardiff and Fulham just show how bad Chelsea are right now. Brighton, with a FA Cup Semi-Final to look forward to, are just as bad.
Chelsea Team News
- 75% Chance Of Playing: Marcos Alonso Hamstring injury. Davide Zappacosta Knock. Ethan Ampadu Back injury.
Brighton Team News
- Expected Back 13 Apr: Pascal Groß Hamstring injury.
- 75% Chance Of Playing: Florin Andone Groin Injury.
- Chelsea have won all seven of their league games against Brighton – only Wimbledon against Bournemouth (8/8) have a better 100% win record against an opponent in English Football League history.
- Brighton have lost all four of their away games against Chelsea in all competitions, failing to score each time.
- Chelsea have won their last nine games in all competitions against Brighton, last winning 10 in a row against an opponent vs Bolton between 2008-2014.
- Chelsea have lost just one Premier League home game so far this season (vs Leicester in December), and have kept six clean sheets in their last nine at Stamford Bridge.
- Brighton won their last away Premier League game (2-1 vs Crystal Palace), but haven’t won consecutive league games on the road since November 2017.
- Brighton have lost all nine of their Premier League away games against ‘big six’ sides, scoring just two goals in those matches.
- Brighton have won just one of their 11 midweek Premier League games (D5 L5), winning 3-1 against Crystal Palace earlier this season.
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has been directly involved in four goals in his last two Premier League appearances against Brighton, scoring three and assisting another.
- Eden Hazard has been directly involved in 14 of Chelsea’s 29 Premier League goals at Stamford Bridge this season (8 goals, 6 assists), twice that of any other player at the club. He’s 4.70 to score the first goal.
- Brighton’s Glenn Murray has scored a Premier League goal on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday this season. He could become the first player since Zlatan Ibrahimovic in 2016-17 to score on as many as six different days of the week in a single Premier League campaign. .
Two teams, not in the best of form, but home advantage should be enough for Chelsea.
Chelsea 2 – 0 Brighton
Man. City (2) Cardiff (18)
Against Fulham, City were in cruise control and they looked like a well-oiled machine in prime condition. Cardiff, in their battle with Chelsea, fought with so much conviction but they ended up being kicked in the teeth by the officials.
Man. City Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Claudio Bravo Achilles injury. Fabian Delph Knock.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Sergio Agüero Muscle injury
Cardiff Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Sol Bamba Knee injury. Matthew Connolly Ankle injury. Callum Paterson Ankle injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Jazz Richards Hamstring injury.
- Man City are unbeaten in their last six home league meetings with Cardiff (W4 D2). The draw is 18.50.
Cardiff haven’t kept a league clean sheet against Man City in any of their last 13 meetings (34 goals conceded), since a 0-0 home draw in February 1962.
- Manchester City have won 16 of their last 17 Premier League home games, losing only against Crystal Palace in that run (2-3 in December).
- Man City are unbeaten in their last 35 Premier League home games against promoted sides (W31 D4), since a 0-2 loss vs Reading in February 2007.
- Man City haven’t lost a midweek Premier League home game (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) since May 2010 against Tottenham, winning 22 and drawing five since.
- Cardiff have won two of their last five Premier League away games (L3), as many as they had in their first 28 in the competition (W2 D6 L20).
- Cardiff have lost all 10 of their Premier League away games against ‘big six’ opposition, conceding 27 goals in the process.
- Cardiff’s last eight away goals in the Premier League have all been scored in the second half, with half of those being scored in the 90th minute or later. They last netted before half-time away from home in September against Chelsea.
- In six previous away games against Manchester City in all competitions, Cardiff manager Neil Warnock has never won (D2 L4).
- Sergio Aguero has scored 18 goals in 17 home games for Man City in all competitions this season, including 11 in eight so far in 2019.
Cardiff are about 40/1 to win this game and that could be the longest odds an away team have ever had to win an away Premier League game. To achieve that it would take a mammoth effort from Cardiff who finished the game on Sunday on their knees.
Manchester City 3 – 0 Cardiff
Tottenham (4) vs Crystal Palace (13)
This is the beginning of a new era for Tottenham in their new stadium which has been described as the best in the world. So it should be party time for Spurs all rounded off with a nice home win. But the reality is Crystal Palace, on the road, are not bad and they will be making every effort to spoil the celebration.
Tottenham Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Serge Aurier Hamstring injury. Eric Dier Hip injury.
- 75% Chance of Playing: Erik Lamela Hamstring injury. Fernando Llorente Concussion
Crystal Palace Team News
- Unknown Return Date: Mamadou Sakho Knee injury.
- Tottenham have won their last seven Premier League meetings against Crystal Palace, six of them by a 1-0 scoreline – against no side have they won more consecutively in the competition (also 7 vs Man City and Swansea).
- Crystal Palace are winless in their last six away league games against Spurs (D2 L4), failing to score in their last five.
- Tottenham have won 1-0 in each of their last five Premier League meetings with Crystal Palace, the longest run of consecutive identical results between two sides in the history of the competition.
- Tottenham will be playing their first ever match in their new stadium – they were unbeaten in their last 19 league games at the old White Hart Lane (W17 D2), winning the last 14 in a row.
- Crystal Palace are looking to secure three consecutive away league wins for the first time since August 2015.
- After a run of seven consecutive wins in Premier League London derby matches, Spurs have won just one of their last four such matches (D1 L2).
- Crystal Palace’s only away London derby win this season was at Fulham on the opening weekend – the last top-flight campaign that saw them win two away London derbies was 1997-98 (vs Wimbledon and Spurs).
- Harry Kane has scored 59 home goals for Tottenham in the Premier League – only Jermain Defoe (60) scored more in home games for the club.
- Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha has scored in each of his last three away Premier League games (4 goals in total). No player has ever scored in four consecutive Premier League away appearances for the Eagles.
Tottenham haven’t won a Premier League game since the February 10th, that’s nearly two months, and as much as the script might have been written so that they can enjoy a win with their first game at their new stadium Crystal Palace might not have read it. Wilfried Zaha to score the first goal at the new stadium.
Tottenham 2 – 3 Crystal Palace
If you have any questions or comments please follow the links below. And, if you would like to like or share, that would be appreciated. Thank you.